A new iPhone app called Kluckr just launched, designed to appeal to the tastes of chicken wing connoisseurs nationwide. It not only locates wing joints, but also provides consumer ratings and reviews. We’re excited to try Kluckr, and we’re also excited because Kluckr has a Small Dog connection: it was founded by Mark Gilmor, good friend to Small Dog’s marketing consultant Geoff Blanck.
“One thing you will always see guys disagree about is who has the best wings.” says Mark Gilmor. “The argument starts like this: “You know who has the best wings?” . . . We based the iPhone app on that argument.”
For $.99, what exactly can Kluckr do for you?
- LOCATE: Find the closest Wing location in just one click
- KLUKR-ATE: Rate and review favorite Wing joints
- KLUCKR TIME: Organize a wing-ding of a party
- KLUCKR BUCKS: Pass along the app or review a wing location to earn points
This app will certainly find success, as wings are huge in the US. Kluckr writes:
Between Monday Night Football and the World Series, the pop culture of eating chicken wings is on the rise. From major chains like Pizza Hut launching WingStreet at 3,000 of their locations and Buffalo Wild Wings being one of the fastest growing chains in the US. . . Wings are the craze.
Kluckr contains over 20,000 locations to get wings, and will be adding more through community participation. Kluckr allows users to
- Add locations, tell friends
- Rate & review places and;
- Create a big night out with our Kluckrtime feature.
- Get points and rewards by adding places and sharing with friends
The creators of Kluckr have big plans for the app, with more features and perhaps cuisines on the way. Take a look by clicking the following link. Note, this will open iTunes.
Posted by Torch on 10/22/2009